Long journey out on the Central Line to Woodford, then a fair old walk. Big turnout in sunny pre-winter weather. Spikes needed as course pretty worn by large turnout in previous races. Crazy start downhill, biggest turnout in 40 year history so lots of pushing and lucky to stay on feet. First time on course and suprised how fast it went narrow and how far I was down the field after 400m.
By all accounts it was the highest quality field for a long time so got to be happy with a finish in the 60s mixing it with the leading vets. Good course - pretty flat apart from 1 sharp up and down on each of the 3 laps. Beat usual rivals and peers from club by a decent amount so happy with performance. Still averaging 30 miles per week, and with only 3 runs in midweek, dodgy achilles and bad back I need to see if I can keep it going throughout November.
Ditched the Asics 2140s and sticking with Nike's Airspan and Triax.
Results on Hillingdon AC site.
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment