Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Met League Ruislip and Leicester Half Marathon

A busy weekend.
Real start to the cross country season with the first round of the Metropolitan League at Ruislip. 350 Runners on the narrow paths through the woods near the Lido. Decided to wear Adidas Swoop studs as this course is quite stoney in places, however I fell on the first lap going over a metal grid on a sharp turn. Got up straight away with no ill-effects. Suffered big time but came out in 58th position and first scorer for the club. A lot better than I'd hoped for (top 70) and much better than previous seasons when top 100 would be good. Standard has gone up if anything so really pleased. ESM only managed 10th position with usual suspects like WG&EL and Shaftsbury being joined by Serpentine as the leading clubs.
On the Saturday night drove up to Leicester as my wife was doing the Marathon and I was doing the Half. She came in at 3:43 so really really good and qualifying time for London next year, which was the aim despite illness the previous week. I took it pretty steady for the Half in 1:24. Legs will be stiff for next few days as longest run for ages.

Met League Results on Hillingdon's Web Site
Leicester Results

No comments:

Post a Comment