Ran for Vets AC in this one as a 2nd claim athlete. We were in trouble of being relegated so the team manager rallied the troops and we got a good team out, won the team race and easily stayed up. I managed to come 2nd despite a very stressful lead up to the race on Friday night/Saturday morning due to work. A fast start near the Fox and Grapes pub on Wimbledon Common and I thought I was going to struggle. Lower quality than a lot of the other races I do, so I knew I should be in the mix and after a couple of miles people starting flagging. Up the hill on the first of 2 laps and I just had to hang in there for another 3 miles or so. Glad I wore my Adidas Swoop studs as a lot of paths so quite stoney underfoot. Really knackered at the end and a St. Johns Ambulance lady was a bit concerned for a few seconds but I was ok. Went out and got quite drunk with the missus. Hopefully tiredness was down to stresses of work. Training had been going well although I keep getting bad stomach problems when I go for a run after 6.30pm ish. Writing this on the Tuesday after a couple of runs and my legs are still feeling the after affects. Last of the Met Leagues coming up on Saturday so will probably just do a couple of steady runs now on Weds and Thurs rather than a session.
Results can be found on the Vets AC website.
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment